Tehran-Reza Abbasi Kashani Museum
The Reza Abbasi Kashani Museum It was inaugurated a Tehran in the year 1978 in a three-story building of the surface of 1200 square meters. In this museum about 50 thousand works are preserved, from the second millennium BC until the beginning of the twentieth century, that is the end of the qajaro period.
Among these, 700 are exhibited discontinuously in the halls of the museum. Two laboratories and rooms for the restoration and reconstruction of paintings, metal objects and manuscripts and a library that includes more than 10 thousand volumes in Persian, English, French and German and beyond 50 internal journals and foreign 60, are among the other sections of this museum.
The publications of this museum are also active. The ground floor of the building is dedicated to temporary exhibitions and on the first floor there is the hall of paintings and calligraphic works; the most notable of these is the oldest copy of a page of the Shāhnāmeh Damut, and the story of its writing goes back to the middle of the eighth century of Hegira.
In the two rooms on the second floor are exhibited the works of the Islamic period and on the third floor, in addition to the library, is the hall of pre-Islamic works; among these the most notable examples are the rython (sort of containers) of gold of the Achaemenid period and the silver crockery of the Sassanid period.