Ferdows Garden (cinema museum)
The surface of the garden measures 20 thousand square meters and that of the majestic building is 1000 square meters and includes three and a half floors with admirable decorations and beautiful stucco work, muqarnas in the shape of flowers, branches and leaves.
On the first floor there are three Talar with separate lounges and on the second 4 floor. In the tree-lined garden area there is a pool and here are the bronze statues of Sohrevardi (famous Iranian philosopher of the sixth century of the lunar Hegira) and Ibn Hisham (Iranian scholar and first physicist of light in the world).
The Ferdows garden, which in the course of its history has had several owners, has undergone changes and repairs and in some periods the building has been used as madrasa, center of the artistic activities, center of teaching of the cinematographic production and finally in the year 1381 has been turned into a museum of the cinema with the purpose to collect, to preserve, to record and to expose in appropriate way the cinematographic patrimony of Iran.
The cinema museum has the following permanent exhibition halls:
-Blu Hall used to present the history of the Ferdows garden building, the cinema museum, the birth of cinema in the world, the forerunners of this art in the country and the first cinematographic equipment in Iran.
- Central (contemporary) room used for the presentation of the stage and backstage of Iranian films along with the biography of directors, directors of photography, makeup artists, costume designers and examples of accessory elements of Iranian cinema.
-International venue for the presentation of the Iranian film world awards for the knowledge of the country's film festivals.
- Exhibition of the sacred defense to present films, directors and the main authors of this film subject
-Cinema Hall to present the first rooms, the owners of the best-selling cinemas and films of Iranian cinema
-Exhibition dedicated to the theme of childhood to present actors, professionals, dolls and puppets of Iranian cinema of childhood and adolescence
-Exhibition dedicated to Ali Hātami to present his memoirs, his statue, that of Ezatollah Entezāmi and the clothes that have been worn by the artists in the films before and after the Islamic revolution
-Exhibition dedicated to celebrities presenting the images of the great characters of Iranian cinema in various areas
-Exhibition dedicated to dubbing and sound to present the old sound equipment and instruments and the scores related to the production of film music
- Farhād house dedicated to the exposition of memories, personal objects, books and instruments by Farhād Mehrād (singer, composer and musician, 1944-2002)
-Exposure "Retrospective look on history" to present the first efforts of humanity in the East to record the movement, the shadow theater in China and India, the first reproductions of the Iranians to tell Ferdowsi's Shāhnāmeh and religious narratives.
- Exhibition dedicated to the Armenians to present their important role in Iranian cinema
In the museum of cinema are preserved 40 thousand photos of Iranian cinema and its artists, over 5000 film magazines, 3000 historical documents, correspondences, contracts and about 350 equipment, 2500 movie posters and 4000 scripts. Furthermore this complex also has two projection rooms.