Khoda Afarin Bridge
The Khoda Afarin bridge (consisting of two separate bridges) is located near the dam of the same name in the village of “Sāri Jālu” in the area of Khodā Āfarin (eastern Azerbāijān region) and its construction is attributed to the Seljuk and Safavid period.
The bridge, which was built on the river Aras, consists of two independent bridges a few hundred meters from each other; some parts of one of them are broken while the other bridge has remained intact.
These bridges differ from one another from an engineering and architectural point of view. One of the two has 11 spans, 12 meters in height and 130 in length and is made of white polished stone with gypsum and lime mortar, while the other has 15 spans, it is 16 meters long and 4 wide / 5, is made of pebbles and remains of stones in the foundations, in bricks in the construction of arches and lime and gypsum mortar with special breakwaters.
The Khodā Āfarin bridge from the past until today has taken on several names such as: Sirus bridge in honor of the name of Ciro, Jalāl Al-Din Malekshāh bridge and Hasrat bridge (Hasrat Kurpusu).
Almost a third of the oldest bridge in the year 1828, after the agreement Torkman Chai was detonated in the part connected to the two banks.