Lahijan Jām'eh Mosque
The Jām'eh mosque in Lahijan is located in the homonymous city (Gilān region). This historical-religious building dates back to the fourth century of the Hegira and was built on an ancient fire temple and for the first time in the year 893 of the lunar Hegira it was restored and rebuilt by Soltān Mohammad Kiā (dynasty of the Kārkiāniān, Kiāyyān, Āl Kiā or Sā'dāt-e Malāti, 1370)
In the following periods some parts have been added and some fundamental changes have been made to take on the architectural features of the qajaro period and following the changes that followed today with difficulty in this building we can find traces of the historical mosque of the timurid and qajaro period.
The main building, which is located in the north-west wing of the Sardar-e Jangal (Chahār Pādeshāh) square of the city of Lāhijān, has undergone several changes over the course of time but parts of the mausoleum such as theIwan, the portal and the minaret testify to the antiquity of this construction.
The great Shabestan equipped with the dome of the part reserved for women on the second floor demonstrates the amplitude of the building. nell 'Iwan the portal, next to the entrance door, is engraved on marble an edict of Soltan Hossein safavide which shows the date of the Hegira 1106.
This mosque had two minarets, one of which was destroyed due to the earthquake. The Jām'eh Mosque of Lāhijān as one of the tourist attractions of the Gilān region located at the center of the ancient urban fabric, with adjacent historical monuments such as the Chahār Pādeshāhān or Chahār Pādeshā mausoleum or mosque, the Golshan hammam and the bazaar, constitutes a historical-cultural complex.