Chicken stuffed with rice
Ingredients for people 4
• 120 g of bosmati rice
• 2 small size chickens or eviscerated cockerels, washed and dried
• ½ cup of oil or clarified butter
• 2 finely sliced onions
• 4 peeled and crushed garlic cloves
• ½ tablespoon of mixed Iranian spices (advieh)
• 1 cup of broth or water
• ¼ cup of barberry berries (zereshk)
• 4 of squat of unsalted skinned almonds
• ½ cup of sultanas
• 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
• ¼ teaspoon of powdered saffron pistils dissolved in 1 tablespoon of hot water.
Wash the pollen in cold water to which you have removed the entrails, dry them well and rub them with salt. Heat in a pan 3 tablespoons of oil over medium heat, add the onions and garlic and fry for 15 'until they are golden. Add the rice, the mixed Iranian spices, salt and pepper. Stir in the stock, cover and simmer for 10 'over low heat with the lid. Add the berries of barberry, almonds, raisins, lemon juice and saffron. Stir and remove from the heat. Heat the oven to 200 ° C. Fill the wing nuts with the almost cooked rice filling and sew them again with some kitchen wire. Arrange them in a baking dish, brush them with oil or melted butter and cover with aluminum foil. Have them roasted for about 1 now and serve.
With the same filling you can make large chicken breast rolls, using a large slice of well-beaten chicken breast, which you then roll over and close with kitchen wire or toothpicks.