Pomegranate-filled sea bream
Ingredients for people 4
• 1 large fish with white flesh and soda (sea bream or sea bass, or 4 salmon or perch fillets)
• 4 tablespoons of oil or ghee
• 1 finely sliced onion
• 3 garlic cloves
• Fresh ground pepper
• ¼ cup of chopped walnuts in wells
• 1 teaspoon of angelica powder
• 1 spoon of orange peel
• 3 spoons of pomegranate paste (see Glossary) dissolved in 1 / 3 of cup of water.
• 1 spoon of sugar or honey
• ½ teaspoon of powdered and dissolved saffron pistils in 2 spoons of hot water
• 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
• 3 spoons of pomegranate grains for garnish.
Wash the fish and rub it on each side with salt. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Fry the onion and garlic in a pan with the 10 oil, stirring. Add the pepper, walnuts, angelica, orange peel, diluted pomegranate paste and sugar. Stir on the heat for other 3 ′ and extinguish the flame. Place the fish in an ovenproof dish, fill it with the prepared filling and close with toothpicks. If you use fillets, roll each fillet on a spoonful of filling. Sprinkle the fish with lemon juice, saffron dissolved in water and a drizzle of oil. Cook in the oven for 15 ′, until the fish appears cooked. Serve hot, sprinkle with the cooking sauce and garnish with the pomegranate seeds. Accompany with steamed white rice.