Sweet and sour stuffed fish
Ingredients for people 4
• 1 large fish, or 4 fillets (sea bass, sea bream, halibut, perch, salmon)
• 2 spoons of salt
• 4 tablespoons of oil or ghee
• ½ cup of fresh sliced spring onions
• 2 crushed garlic cloves
• ¼ cup of pitted fresh dates
• ¼ cup of finely chopped dried apricots
• 1 / 3 cup of unsalted pistachios
• 1 / 3 cup of unsalted peeled almonds
• 1 spoon of candied orange peel
• The juice of 3 lemons
• Pepper and cinnamon to taste
• ¼ tablespoon of powdered and dissolved saffron pistils in 2 spoons of hot water.
Wash the fish, dry it, salt it on both sides. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Heat 2 spoons of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and sauté for 10 ′. Add the dates, apricots, pistachios, almonds, orange peel, lemon juice, cinnamon, a teaspoon of salt, pepper and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring thoroughly.
Fill the fish with the filling (or place a quarter of the filling in the center of each fillet and roll the fish on itself, stopping the roll with a toothpick). Place the fish in the pan, on which you will have prepared a sheet of baking paper. Sprinkle the fish with water and saffron, the remaining oil and lemon juice, before cooking it in the oven for 15-20 ′ having take care to wet it often with the cooking sauce. Serve hot with rice.