Stew with plums and spinach
Ingredients for people 6
• 500 g of lean chicken or veal
• 3 kg of spinach
• 300 g of pitted black plums (the california type is fine)
• 100 g of butter or oil equivalent
• 3 onions
• 100 mi of bitter orange juice (or 2 / 3 orange juice and 1 / 3 lemon juice)
• 1 / 2 teaspoon of turmeric.
Cut the meat into pieces and fry it in oil with the finely chopped onions, turning it over without letting it stick until it changes color. Add salt, pepper, turmeric and 2-3 water glasses (as needed to cover the meat) and cook slowly over moderate heat for 15-20 ′. Separately slice the onions finely and fry them in a few tablespoons of oil in a pan; when they have become translucent, add the washed and chopped spinach and, by stirring, let them dry until the vegetable water has completely evaporated. At this point add the vegetables and prunes, the orange juice and the sugar (if necessary) to the meat. Cover with a lid and leave the dish on very low heat for about 1 now, so that all the flavors blend together and the oil begins to surface on the surface. Serve hot.