INGREDIENTS FOR 4- 6 PEOPLE
• 250 g of short grain common rice (the quality for soups will be fine)
• 10 cups of water
• 500 ml of granulated sugar
• 60 ml of oil or butter
• 1 teaspoon of powdered saffron pistils dissolved in hot water.
• ½ Glass of rose water
• 2 teaspoons of rice flour
• ½ cup of peeled almonds and / or unsalted chopped pistachios coarsely
• Some cardamom berries
• Cinnamon powder and peeled almonds cut into wedges to decorate.
After washing the rice until the water of the last rinse; it does not appear completely clear, pour it into a saucepan. Add 8 cups of water and boil it for 35 ′, removing with a skimmer the foam that will form during cooking. At this point add the sugar and other 2 cups of warm water, continuing to cook other 25 ′, stirring occasionally. Stir in the saffron dissolved in the rice water. Add the butter and add it to the mixture, then the chopped almonds and the rose water.
Keep stirring on low heat until all the ingredients are well mixed. Add the rice flour dissolved in a little water and continue to turn over low heat until the mixture thickens and assumes the consistency of a pudding. When ready, pour into individual bowls and decorate the surface with cinnamon and / or pistachios and almonds cut into slices or strips.
Serve very cold.