INGREDIENTS FOR PEOPLE 4
• 3 black aubergines of medium thickness
• 3 tablespoons of olive oil
• 2 medium onion cut / inemente
• 2 crushed garlic cloves
• 4 medium tomatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
• 2 spoons of pomegranate paste
• Fresh ground pepper
• 1 pinch of angelica powder
• 1 teaspoon of fresh or dried mint
Preheat the 180 ° oven. Wash the aubergines whole and after piercing them in several places with a fork place them on a sheet of baking paper and bake them for about 1 now turning them occasionally so that they are dried on all sides (traditional cooking would like the aubergines to be grilled on the fire or charcoal for about 30 '). Once cooled, peel and cut the pulp into small pieces.
Separately heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and garlic and fry for 15 'until the onions are golden and soft. Add the tomatoes and the pomegranate paste and stirring continue cooking for other 10 '. Add the aubergines, salt, pepper, angelica and mint and thicken at very low heat for at least other 25 '. Serve hot and cold with lavash bread.